Overview of Duramax diesel diagnostics
Available Formats: Online Training Course | DVD
An overview of the Duramax diesel and its components is provided by Tony Salas, an Association of Diesel Specialist endorsed instructor, in this 120-minute AVI course (Duramax Diesel Diagnostics). Key to understanding the Duramax is in the overview of the ECM and its relation to the FICM. For further insight, he covers fuel system operation and starting strategies. Also covered by Salas are schematics of the CAN system and Class 2 data, OEM website information, scan tool diagnostics, trouble codes and expected results. To round out his coverage, Salas provides insightful tips for the cooling system, fuel rail injectors and water pump.
Coverage of the Duramax LB7 and LLY includes a manual that provides an overview of all the systems, as well as scan tool control, sensor testing and wiring diagrams for all sub systems. The manual also includes scan tool charts of typical PID values and a list of recommended specialty tools with SAE part numbers.
Online Training Course:
- Online Training Video - Runtime: 120 minutes
- Practice test covering topic is included in the online training course
- In course knowledge assessment
- Ebook covering topics in online training course
- Certificate of completion
- 120 minutes of run time footage in DVD disc format