Hands-on hybrid A/C training
Available Formats: Online Training Course | DVD
Featuring hands-on instruction to service hybrid A/C systems, Dave Hobbs walks you through essential diagnostics and provides critical safety precautions in this course (LBT-228 Mastering Hybrid HVAC Systems with Dave Hobbs). Key to understanding the system is the hybrid data PIDs including the evaporator fin thermistor, solar sensor, engine coolant temp sensor, air mix servo pulse, electric heater current and compressor speed. Hobbs uses Toyota’s factory scan tool — the Tech Stream — to illustrate good versus bad data readings.
Hobbs’ safety discussion includes safety tips for evacuating and recharging the A/C system with an emphasis on the importance of using a J2788 compliant recovery machine to stabilize critical charge systems. Also, he demonstrates how to remove harmful PAG oil from the recovery machine and its hoses to avoid contamination.
Online Training Course:
- Online Training Video - Runtime: 45 minutes
- Practice test covering topic is included in the online training course
- Ebook covering topics in online training course
- Certificate of completion
- 45 minutes of run time footage in DVD disc format