GM’s charging systems explained
Available Formats: Online Training Course | DVD
GM Smart Charge Systems with Dave Hobbs
This product is produced in partnership with AVI Inc.
In order to work on GM’s newer regulated voltage control systems, you need a thorough understanding of the older systems. In this 75-minute video, AVI and Dave Hobbs provide the necessary review of older charging systems, as well as the theory behind the newer systems — BCM and PCM — in use since 1994. Ultimately, this importance of load shedding, the various regulated voltage control systems, and loads subject to shedding by power mode master are explained. Other critical areas covered are: the nine modes of RVC, the RVC loop and the required conditions; what CBCM does and its location; and the diagnostic approach to BCM and ECM PIDs.
Runtime: 75 minutes
Online Training Course:
- Online Training Video - Runtime: 75 minutes
- Practice test covering topic is included in the online training course
- In course knowledge assessment
- Ebook covering topics in online training course
- Certificate of completion
- 75 minutes of run time footage in DVD disc format